My name is Lauren but friends and family call me by the nickname of “Nar.” I am in my mid-20’s with a bachelor’s degree in Health Services Administration from James Madison University. After several month of contemplation, I have decided to join the blogging world. Most of my posts will fit into the category of fitness and/or food along with some other random topics as they cross my mind.
- I am a born and raised Balti-moron Hon (Maryland). This means that during baseball season, you can hear me shouting “Lets Go O’s” and during football season I’m bleeding Ravens purple.
- Weight lifting is my favorite form of exercise.
- I’m a fair-weather runner.
- Some of my
recipe“creations” will more likely resemble Pinterest Fails than an actual appetizing meal…don’t worry I’ll make sure to document these fails and include pictures as well.
- I refuse to drink coffee that is not caffeinated.
- Cab Sav is my favorite wine.
- I despise anything berry or grape FLAVORED (but enjoy the real fruit itself).
- I come from a VERY small family –my brother and I are the only grandchildren of the family. Breakdown of the current living family tree: Memom (mom’s mom), Dad, Mom, and Brother (he’s older than me)
- I used to be a chubby kid. Luckily my parents were smart enough to enroll me in sports as a child so I did not grow to become the sister of Jaba the Hut. I’m still no rail-thin thang though. You will see from photos that I was built for strength, not speed. This means you will read a lot of fat-kid references, don’t worry they are all in good humored fun.
- I am a bunch of randomness compiled into one person. Unfortunately I can’t say that I am PASSIONATE about one particular thing, but I do have many interests which you will see change from time to time if you read this blog at all.
Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician or registered physical trainer. Anything health related (food and fitness) are my own opinions.
Thanks for stopping by!